Just a few paces from the Main House lies the Carriage House. It was built in 1889 and functioned as the Cornell family's stable as well as a "speakeasy" during prohibition. The building was converted in the 1950's to house Tanglewood students and now offers 8 guest rooms. Decorated in a country style, the building features painted cupboards, vintage toys, and various other bits of traditional New England charm. Two of the units are lofts with kitchens, making them perfect for family vacations or an extended long term stay. Our guests have the option to reserve adjacent rooms on each floor/stairwell in order to form multiple room suites.